Like all good things, practice makes perfect with nixit. Just like riding a bike for the first time, it will take a few tries before you get comfortable, and a few more before you become a master. But we think the wait will be worth it and once you’ve mastered nixit, there’s no going back. Here is our suggested plan for your first three cycles using nixit.
- Try inserting nixit before your period, so that you can get some practice with insertion and removal. Remember the three steps - insert, tuck and check.
- Use nixit overnight or on lighter days.
- Use a pad or a sanitary towel as back up and to give you some confidence.
- Try using nixit for your entire period. Always remember to insert, tuck and check.
- Still use back up pads or sanitary towels if you feel you need to.
- Empty nixit regularly so that you can get used to your flow and work out how long you can leave it in for at a time.
- By now, you should have a good idea of your flow, so you can leave nixit in for longer stretches on lighter days.
- You’ll be so comfortable using nixit, that you may forget it’s there. Always remember to empty it at least every 12 hours!